Offering massage in Santa Barbara is one of the day spa services that we are most excited about. We love to see clients coming out of their treatment in a blissful daze! Massage has the ability to induce relaxation by soothing away sore muscles and easing the tension that can be held in many different areas of the body. In addition to immediately feeling better, massage can also have long-lasting benefits such as boosting the immune system or enabling a deeper sleep.
Here are other body and mind benefits that massage can have:
- An increase in blood flow encourages lymph drainage (pushing toxins out of cells) which can plump up the skin and add vitality to a dull complexion.
- Regular massages can help curb migraines or at least lessen their severity of them.
- A massage as short as 15 minutes can give your brain a boost. A study showed that those who received a 15-minute massage completed a series of math questions more accurately and quickly than those that did not.
- A massage can help with PMS symptoms like bloating and mood swings.
- Joint flexibility and range of motion are improved, which often leads to better posture.
- A massage is always beneficial after an injury or for post-operative rehabilitation.